ACUPUNCTURE TRAINING IN TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE
Acupuncture Studies with Acupuncture Foundation Ireland
Continue to work while you study and learn acupuncture to become a professional acupuncturist. We are now accepting applications for our Acupuncture programme. Our professional acupuncture training course is delivered using a blend of learning and is delivered by master medical lecturers who we share with major UK university acupuncture training programmes.
As part of our commitment to delivering the highest training standards, our acupuncture training course places a high emphasis on skills based training. We apply World Health Organisation (W.H.O.) training standards for Professional Acupuncture Training where students are encouraged to develop and practice the skills that ensure they are competent safe practitioners with the ability to properly deliver safe, holistic acupuncture treatments.
Our many graduates demonstrate that the professional practice of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine is a valuable option for a career in healthcare. Our acupuncture training is professionally accredited in Ireland and the UK, which means graduates can register for professional practice. Graduates meet entry requirements for UK Masters programmes in Traditional Chinese Medicine. We also have graduates practising in other countries throughout the EU and worldwide.
Clinical Placement at Nanjing University of China
As part of a joint agreement with our partner university, the prestigious Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine China AFI students can take part in a Clinical Placement in Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, China. The Acupuncture Foundation has been working with Nanjing University, annually since 1987, to participate in clinical placements in hospitals across the city of Nanjing China. This is part of the first agreement signed in Nanjing in 1987 by Acupuncture Foundation and Nanjing University officials. Progressive agreements widening cooperation between both institutions have been signed in 1992, 1994, 1998, 2004, 2011.
Practice management, professional ethics and best practice are taught to prepare students for professional practice. Professional codes of ethics and best practice are adhered to. Practice management and building a professional practice are taught. There is ongoing student support and mentoring, which continues into the first practice year.
The following qualifications are considered acceptable for admission:
- Ireland - Holders of an Irish Leaving Certificate which show passes in five approved subjects at the higher level to include four passes achieved at grade C or above . These must include mathematics and English.
- Holders of the International Baccalaureate Diploma. Holders of the European Baccalaureate.
- UK - Holders of a General Certificate of Education with two passes at Advanced Level.
- BTEC National - Merit or above
- Mature students over 23 who can demonstrate the capability and motivation to succeed on the course will be encouraged.
- For overseas students, evidence of an appropriate knowledge of English (both written and spoken) will be required. Irish student visa can be arranged, and non EU students are offered mentoring and orientation.
Applications for acupuncture training with Acupuncture Foundation Ireland are accepted from Irish, UK, EU and overseas International students who are eligible to study in Ireland.
We accept student transfers and acknowledge prior learning in the 2nd and 3rd year phases of our accredited programme, subject to our terms and conditions.
If you wish to join the 2018 academic year of our Acupuncture professional training programme.
Online Contact Form
If you wish to find out more about the course and to receive course brochure.